Saturday, December 17, 2005

Click here for Episode 6 - Back in Stride again!

This week we're a bit late. Our reason is that the Dr had a an unfortunate family loss.
The release date of this episode will be Saturday 17th Dec rather than our regular Monday.
I-Tunes and other engines will automatically be updated by our podcast feed file.


This week we believe that the Dr and Prof got their groove back but unfortunately Master Move was away leaving the Dr to feel like an octopus!

In part 1 of the snippets and reviews of new items or nearly new we reviewed the new Richard Elliot CD on the new Artizen label entitled Metro Blue. The tracks reviewed include: People Make the world go round – Apparently voted No1. Smooth Jazz album of the year and Say Its so – Featuring fantastic keyboards from Jeff Lorber.

This was followed by:

Fattburger - Everyone wants to rule the world…..
Eric Marienthal – Love & Liberty (CD2005 - Got it going) - Incidently check out Eric on the Rippington's Let it Rip CD.
Chieli Minucci – Chic
Ron Jenkins – What you mean to me (From the debut CD The Music Of Ron Jenkins) - The Prof then found out later that it was released in 2001 - therefore sneaking in an an oldie.

This week's FAST TRACK REVIEW featured the late great Luther Vandross:

Luther had sold 25 million albums and won eight Grammy awards. His big breakthru came in 1980 as guest singer with change, then in 1981 his debut album never too much was his first big hit. Unfortunately he passed away on July 1st this year.

Featured Mix/Mash-up includes:

Stop to love - Give me the reason (1986)
You are the sweetest one - Forever for always for love (1982)
Give me the reason - Give me the reason (1986)
She wont talk to me - Any love (1988)
I wanted your love - Busybody (1983)
Once you know how - Forever for always for love (1982)
Make me a believer - Any love (1988)
So amazing - Give me the reason (1986)
Take you out - Luther Vandross (2001)
Get it right - I know (1998)
If I didn’t know better - Dance with my father (2003)
My sensitivity - The night I fell in love (1985)
I’m only human - I know (1998)
For you to love - Any love (1988)
Hot butterfly - Bionic boogie (1978)
Searching - Change - the glow of love (1980)
Best things in life are free - From the movie Mo money ( A single duet with Janet Jackson in 1992)

We played the great 'Never Too Much' at the end of the show!

This week we featured a new section called : World Music Fusion Spot - featuring a discussion around a fantastic track : Bulla Ki Jana (I do not know who I am) – based on a famous Sufi poem/lyrics. Performed
by Rabbi Shergill from the self titled Rabbi CD - Its a great example of Sufi Soul - Check out the Dr talking about music being a unifying element.

The final part of the show featured a review of :

Fattburger - Valencia
George Benson – Love is here tonight
Grace Jones - La vie en Rose
Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes – Love I lost
Manu Dibango – Big Blow
Hamilton Bohannon - Disco Stomp
Jackie Moore – This time baby
Azymuth – Jazz carnival (from Azymuth live at the Copacabana Palace)

Keep sending us your feedback and memories. Simply click on the envelope below or leave us a comment - Its never too much to say what you feel !


See you on 'the other side of 2005', i.e: in the first week of 2006.

3 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Podcasts in 2005,
I'm waiting for the next one ,
can you post some info as to when that will be.....?

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the Pat Metheney & Luther Vandross Reviews

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger The Doc said...

Thanks for your feedback. The new show (a special one for New Years)is out now (Monday 9th Jan'06)- It will probably take 24hrs from this date for all feeds to update the appropriate stream locations.
We look forward to your feedback, dedication to listening and spreading the word!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home